You've got questions and we've got answers. You've also got ideas and we are ready to listen. We serioulsy love hearing from you guys because every question you have and bit of feedback you give, helps us to improve upon our customer service and our product offerings. We will update this list of FAQ's as we get more questions and suggestions.
If you don't find what you're looking for or have suggestions PLEASE send us an email at Support@greatusbeef.com and we'll be happy to help! Thanks for asking the questions!
- Q - Where can I find the Nutrition & Ingredients information?
- A - We have a page with all the jerky flavor labels listed that will give you the nutrition and ingredient information for each flavor. Click here to go there now.
- Q - I want to try the jerky but I hate to waste money on jerky I don't like plus I don't want the hassle of returning product bought online.
- A - No problem, we totally get it. That's why we have a 30 Day "No Bull" Money Back Guarantee. We suggest on your first order that you just buy one bag of each flavor that interests you and if after trying it, this jerky is not for you, we'll refund your money and you don't have to send the bags back. For more details please see our "30 Day Guarantee" and "Refund Policy".
- Q - Where can I buy Great U.S. Beef Jerky?
- A - You can buy through our website at www.greatusbeef.com. We are working on an Amazon store that is now live as of July 2021, however not all products are listed yet. We are not yet sold in retail stores but that could change soon and we'll update this as soon as we have any news.
- As time and scheduling permit, you may also find us participating as a vendor in live events such as festivals, farmers markets, etc. in and around California's Central Valley and Central Coast.
- Q - How much do you charge for shipping?
- A - 🚀$4.95 FLAT RATE SHIPPING - On all orders of 15 bags or less. We usually use USPS Priority Mail for the fastest shipping times. If you’re stocking up for the winter, have wholesale inquiries or just want more than 15 bags of jerky, please send us an email first at Support@greatusbeef.com so we may give you a custom and competitive shipping quote.
- Q - How do I check on the status of my order?
- A - When you purchase a product on our website you will recieve an email confirming the order. This email confirmation will have a link to view your order where you will be taken to the order confirmation page and there you can track your order.
- Q - Do you ship to APO/FPO/DPO addressese?
- A - We apologize but at this time we are unable to ship to P.O Boxes, APO/FPO and international addresses.
- Q - Where do you ship?
- A - We only ship products to consumers in the U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska).
- Q - You say the jerky is not too soft and not too tough, so how tender is it?
- A - The jerky has a medium chew. It's not soft and mushy, and it's not so tough that you have to bit hard and have a lot of jaw strength to tear off a piece to eat. You can fairly easily tear it into pieces with your bare hands. If you have dentures we'd love to hear your feedback as to what your eating experience was like!
- Q - Do you sell one pound packages?
- A - Currently, no we do not sell one pound packages. Right now we only have 3oz size bags. We have received a few inquiries on the one pound bag size, so it could be an offering in the future if it looks like there is enough demand. If this is something you would really like to see please send us a note at Support@greatusbeef.com and let us know.
- Q - Which jerkys are low in sodium?
- A - Per the American Heart Association a food is considered low in sodium if it has 140mg or less of sodium per serving.
- Smoky Texas BBQ Style - 85mg of sodium per serving.
- Whiskey n' Campfires - 50mg of sodium per serving
- Mango Habanero - 75mg of sodium per serving
- Califoria Garlic Pepper is close to being low sodium as well with only 160mg of sodium per serving.
- Q - How long the does jerky last?
- A - Our jerky is good for 12 months from the date of production. Once you open the bag and if for some strange reason you happen to have super human powers of self control and don't eat the whole thing in 15 minutes, then we recommend that you keep the opened bag in the refrigerator and consume the jerky within 3 days. It's not that it's going to go bad right away, but once the bag has been opened the jerky gets exposed to oxygen and it begins the oxidation process and drying out more which simply means the quality of your eating experience will begin to decrease.
- Q - What is the small, white packet in my jerky bag?
- A - This is an Oxygen Absorber. This small packet helps absorb any excess oxygen in the bag to maintian the product's freshness. The absorber says "DO NOT EAT" on it, so please don't eat it, it's not food
- Q - Where is Great U.S. Beef Jerky made?
- A - Great U.S. Beef Jeky is proudly made in Southern California in a production facility that has decades of experience producing the highest quality handcrafted jerky. It is USDA inspected and completes a rigourous third party audit every year for food safety and good manufacturing processes. The excellent audit results places this facility in the top 1% of meat processing plants in the country.
Q - What type of beef do you use?
A - We proudly make the jerky in the U.S.A. AND the beef we use ONLY comes from beef produced in the U.S.A. We chose to only use beef produced in the U.S.A because we love and appreciate our American farmers and ranchers and by using the beef produced in the U.S.A. we are supporting rural communities, hard working U.S. farming and ranching families and the American small businesses (because that's what farms and ranches are) and they are the livelihood of those farming and ranching families.