You've got questions and we've got answers. You've also got ideas and we are ready to listen. We serioulsy love hearing from you guys because every question you have and bit of feedback you give, helps us to improve upon our customer service and our product offerings. We will update this list of FAQ's as we get more questions and suggestions.
If you don't find what you're looking for or have suggestions PLEASE send us an email at Support@greatusbeef.com and we'll be happy to help! Thanks for asking the questions!
- Q - I want to try the jerky but I hate to waste money on jerky I don't like plus I don't want the hassle of returning product bought online.
- A - No problem, we totally get it. That's why we have a 30 Day No Bull Money Back Guarantee. We suggest on your first order that you just buy one bag of each flavor that interests you and if after trying it, this jerky is not for you, we'll refund your money and you don't have to send the bags back. For more details please see our "30 Day Guarantee" and "Refund Policy".
- Q - Where can I buy Great U.S. Beef Jerky?
- A - You can buy through our website at www.greatusbeef.com. We are working on an Amazon store that should be live by late May 2021. We are not yet sold in retail stores but that could change soon and we'll update this as soon as we have any news.
- Q - How do I check on the status of my order?
- A - When you purchase a product on our website you will recieve an email confirming the order. This email confirmation will have a link to view your order where you will be taken to the order confirmation page and there you can track your order.
- Q - Do you ship to APO/FPO/DPO addressese?
- A - We apologize but at this time we are unable to ship to P.O Boxes, APO/FPO and international addresses.
- Q - Where do you ship?
- A - We only ship products to consumers in the U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska).
- Q - You say the jerky is not too soft and not too tough, so how tender is it?
- A - The jerky has a medium chew. It's not soft and mushy, and it's not so tough that you have to bit hard and have a lot of jaw strength to tear off a piece to eat. You can fairly easily tear it into pieces with your bare hands. If you have dentures we'd love to hear your feedback as to what your eating experience was like!
- Q - Do you sell one pound packages?
- A - Currently, no we do not sell one pound packages. Right now we only have 3oz size bags. We have received a few inquiries on the one pound bag size, so it could be an offering in the future if it looks like there is enough demand. If this is something you would really like to see please send us a note at Support@greatusbeef.com and let us know.
- Q - Which jerky is low in sodium?
- A - Smoky Texas BBQ Style is low in sodium. Per the American Heart Association a food is considered low in sodium if it has 140mg or less of sodium per serving. Smoky Texas BBQ Style only has 85mg of sodium per serving.
- Califoria Garlic Pepper is close to being low sodium as well with only 160mg of sodium per serving.
- Q - How long the does jerky last?
- A - Our jerky is good for 12 months from the date of production. Once you open the bag and if for some strange reason you happen to have super human powers of self control and don't eat the whole thing in 15 minutes, then we recommend that you keep the opened bag in the refrigerator and consume the jerky within 3 days. It's not that it's going to go bad right away, but once the bag has been opened the jerky gets exposed to oxygen and it begins the oxidation process and drying out more which simply means the quality of your eating experience will begin to decrease.
- Q - What is the small, white packet in my jerky bag?
- A - This is an Oxygen Absorber. This small packet helps absorb any excess oxygen in the bag to maintian the product's freshness. The absorber says "DO NOT EAT" on it, so please don't eat it, it's not food.
- Q - Where is Great U.S. Beef Jerky made?
- A - Great U.S. Beef Jeky is proudly made in Southern California in a production facility that has decades of experience producing the highest quality handcrafted jerky. It is USDA inspected and completes a rigourous third party audit every year for food safety and good manufacturing processes. The excellent audit results places this facility in the top 1% of meat processing plants in the country.
Q - What type of beef do you use?
A - We proudly make the jerky in the U.S.A. AND the beef we use ONLY comes from beef produced in the U.S.A. We chose to only use beef produced in the U.S.A because we love and appreciate our American farmers and ranchers and by using the beef produced in the U.S.A. we are supporting rural communities, hard working U.S. farming and ranching families and the American small businesses (because that's what farms and ranches are) and they are the livelihood of those farming and ranching families.
We're on a mission to help educate our customers on where their beef comes from and to encourage them to seek first to understand. Too many food companies use agriculture to scare people into buying their products and it's not right. They make simple claims such as "grass fed" or "no hormones" that honestly leave out a big part of the discussion and can be inaccurate. For example, cattle are mammals and every mammal has naturally occuring hormones. (Plants also have naturally occuring hormones). So to make the statement that a beef jerky is hormone free is not accurate.
Beef produced in the U.S. is like any other industry, in that no industry is perfect, there is always room for improvement. The U.S. beef industry has for decades been working on improving many facets of the industry that include animal welfare and humane handling, environmental responsibility, economic viability, sustainability, food safety, efficiency in food production to grow more food with less inputs to help feed a growing world population, concerns around both animal and human health and the role of antibiotics as well as the grazing of public federally owned lands whereby ranchers confer a number of environmental and management benefits upon the land, including habitat improvement for wildlife and the mitigation of fuels for dangerous and destructive wildfires, particularly in the Western U.S. By supporting beef produced in the U.S.A. we are supporting American agriculture and supporting future generations of U.S. farmers that will literally feed their country and help feed the world. With our support, they'll find ways to improve for the sake of the animals, the environment and for you and I as consumers.